rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roommates: Yea or nay?

Roommates: Yea or nay?

As a person who has had numerous roommates through five years of college, even best friends, and who has also lived alone (briefly) I'd say live alone. I was roommates with one of my best friends and my gaming buddy from my job last year and although we got along great, he got into a LTR and I had to deal more with dishes in the sink and hearing them fuck every night rather than the fantasy of us gaming out on the town and pulling multiple girls back to our place like I had imagined. Many people are under the illusion that its more fun to have a roommate and that you will be instant friends and make multiple connections, but from my personal experience, I never became good friends with any of the roommates I had (unless I was friends with them previously) and some of them I hate to this very day. They usually had their own social circles and cliques and never invited me into them.

The benefits of living alone are numerous. You'll still be able to make friends and have a social circle, and can bring them over to your house on your own terms (i.e for parties) but will have your peace and quiet after a long hard days of work. Your bathroom is yours and yours only, you won't get grief for leaving on your fan or having to deal with others turning off the AC, nor have to deal with noise (unless its from the neighbors). It's also much better for bringing a girl back to your place. Rooming with friends is always tempting but their company gets stale after being around them daily and any beefs that may come up are carried into the household. I am currently with roommates now to save money for bills and traveling but if I had the additional funds like you I would live on my own.

Messages In This Thread