rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eddy Gordo style [capoiera]

Eddy Gordo style [capoiera]

Anyone who has played a game of Tekken is going to know who this guy is.

[Image: Eddy-tekken-6-o.gif]

I'm more interested in the people here who have taken the time to learn about Capoiera.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ca...techniques

It had gotten a bit more public notice thanks to Lateef Crowder. But he is typically portrayed as the villain, so he always ends up losing somehow.

[Image: tyg_gordo.gif]

Back in college when I'd meet my buddies at the campus gym and trade techniques while training a couple of the guys knew Capoiera and also ended up teaching a class, which we'd join to help support while it was getting started.

With the fairly low stance ginga can take and having already wrestled for a few years the transition into learning this was fairly smooth, but short lived after leaving the country post graduation.

Even now during sparring, I like to pull out a few things from capoiera as they feel a little more natural and it's a bit entertaining to catch people off guard.

[Image: Queixada_Perna.gif]

That noticing that actually got me a bit more interested in training the style a bit more. I had remembered that one of the guys would ask me a number of times to teach him grappling counters since in the Roda a lot of the more aggressive guys would catch him in take-downs.

Also, this art gets a bunch of hate from the "serious internet fighters" as something they assume would never be useful in a fight. I'm more of the mind that the weapon is only as good as the wielder. I take things from the styles I've been afforded the chance to learn and put them to use as I see fit, the things that don't work get altered or forgotten. I don't think I'm alone in that train of thought.

[Image: paul-haris-kicks-o.gif]

Anyway this is here to see who else has an interest or experience in Capoiera. And possibly to hear about whatever resources you may know of, really do miss training with my friends back stateside.

Messages In This Thread