rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Captain Capitalism video rebutting Paul Krugman

Captain Capitalism video rebutting Paul Krugman

Tried to watch a Captain Capitalism (Aaron Clarey) video purporting to rebut Paul Krugman on the Greek crisis. Gave up after 15 minutes. Comments:

--I'm not normally one to argue from authority. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Clarey claims that "you cannot view Paul Krugman as an economist." Krugman is a Nobel Prize winner in economics, a professor at Princeton and the London school of Economics and writer of numerous textbooks and other academic works on economics. Clarey is a guy who makes youtube videos.

--Swearing a lot does not make you sound smart or like a truth-telling straight-talker.

--Making fun of your opponents' arguments using retard voice does not mean you are winning.

--Clarey attempts to justify the failure of his and others' predictions of economic catastrophe from Obama's policies by reference to the dollar's status as the world's reserve currency. He claims that this makes him right and Krugman wrong despite the failure of his predictions and the success of Krugman's. His tone while doing this is as if he is pointing out something dead obvious. But the dollar was the world's reserve currency in 2009, when Clarey made his predictions of catastrophe; presumably he was aware? Also, Krugman has discussed the reserve-currency factor extensively, a fact that Clarey makes no mention of.

I am not an economist, just an educated layperson. So when people talk about economics I am forced to rely in part on markers of credibility and reasonableness to decide who is making sense. Clarey sounds like a jackass who pitches his talk at a choir of believers who know, just know, that pointy-headed East Coast liberals like Krugman must be wrong and who know (a little) less about economics than Clarey does.

As a fan of the manosphere, I wish we could get sites like Vivalamanosphere to boot ignoramuses like Clarey. Class the place up a little.

Here is, reluctantly, a link. http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/20...-pull.html

Messages In This Thread