rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires Argentina 2015, Living The Good Life With The American Dollar

Buenos Aires Argentina 2015, Living The Good Life With The American Dollar

Quote: (03-28-2016 09:12 AM)the biggest cheetah Wrote:  

However you no longer benefit from the dual exchange rate, which more than wipes out the benefit of the $160/month saved. I moved to Argentina in fall 2014, and when the blue rate spiked to 15, it was easy to live like a king. By the time I left in early 2015, it was 13, and prices had inflated 30% - thus it was back to being normally-priced. (I left because the government cut power to my street various times, including one six-day stretch because a dissident reporter lived on the same block).

Given how fast inflation has been, I can't imagine Argentina being particularly cheap at the new exchange rate.

The exchange rate now is the same as the blue dollar rate (which was the real exchange rate actually; as it was an accurate rate of supply and demand) in 2014/2015.

160 saved is huge. I was there in November, Argentina is pretty cheap at the real rates, if you making US dollars, you can be a baller there.

Messages In This Thread