rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jazz Appreciation- One of the Greatest Arts of All Time

Jazz Appreciation- One of the Greatest Arts of All Time

Quote: (12-24-2015 09:57 AM)Vaun Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2015 02:03 PM)AldoKelevra Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2015 11:44 AM)rw95 Wrote:  

How does the jazz scene look like in other countries? Sadly, it seems jazz is dead as a cultural force in the United States, but I hear it's still fairly popular in Asia and Europe.

I wouldn't say jazz is entirely dead in the US, but now it's more of a niche genre. Most of the people that listen to jazz are musicians, or jazz musicians themselves. I always say it's a musicians kind of music. In the sense that most people that appreciate it now are only musicians or artists.

When I am more serious about a girl I take her to jazz clubs for dates, to see good music. The sex ensues.

Young cats take notice, if you like a girl, take her to a jazz club for a date. Its usually dark, you can sit off to the side or in a corner seat, she'll be dressed up, the cocktails are good, and its usually a good scene.

A senior Berklee guitar instructor told me once in a lesson, that if I chose to master jazz, that I would have to give up on every other type of music entirely. I couldn't commit to that, but I still have a deep appreciation for jazz and learn a little here and there.

All true. Especially about being a jazz master. But I've always believed that once you know how to play jazz, you can pretty much learn how to play anything else pretty easily.

A rock musician can't always play jazz, but a jazz musician can always play rock.

Jazz dates can be some of the best. They have been my most memorable. If the girl truely appreciates it, you know she's worth it and you can keep her around for a bit.

Messages In This Thread