rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How far can you improve your social intelligence?

How far can you improve your social intelligence?

Quote: (07-15-2015 05:12 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2015 05:37 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I speak my mind too freely because I give less and less of a shit what mainstream people think. I used to be deliberately humble and socially tactful, but I'm getting increasingly arrogant in light of how completely wrong and clueless average folk are about almost everything. People hate it when you show them up as wrong or challenge their morals - or even speak freely about a topic they feel insecure about. Instead of responding with reasonable counter-arguments, they just clam up and wear the "you're a bad guy" face. Everyone has incredibly weak egos nowadays.

This is a giant weakness of mine. How do you go about countering it? Or do you just try to avoid congregating with thin-skinned people?

Good question. Firstly, all my social activities are for my own benefit alone. Anyone who demands otherwise or tries to rope me into things that aren't to my benefit can go fuck themselves.

For this reason, I spend most of my time with girls, since I enjoy that the most. Limiting your speech with girls feels normal anyway, and doesn't detract much from the quality of my experience with them.

For men, why even bother giving them a second of your time if they're losers? I can get money, sex and companionship, without "social circle"; and I can have like-minded intellectual discussion online in forums like this one (pretty much exclusively unfortunately), and those things are all that I need from other people. I needn't tolerate people I consider pathetic and unworthy of my time. If a dude clams up because he's pathetic, he doesn't get talked to again. He can get fucked off. If he's a leftist, or awkward, or stupid, or has hangups about girls, or is negative, or has a weak ego, then he has negative value and will not be involved in my life another second. Unfortunately, if your entire city or country is filled with these people, sometimes one just has to get on the plane. No point swimming in garbage when you can swim in a fresh river.

I am comfortable enough in my own value that I don't have to shut my mouth and be meek lest I displeasure others: they can respond to my honest and reasonable speech in a manner pleasurable to me. And if my standards of human behaviour are higher than theirs, they need to shape-up, not me.

This attitude compels you to become more socially free and comfortable going places alone, as a result of which you meet more new people, of which some will meet your "strength of character" requirements.

Messages In This Thread