rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mongolian Girls?

Mongolian Girls?

The worst racism by Mongol men I have seen, is mainly targeting ethnic Chinese and Koreans living in the country. Mongolian men believe on average, local women prefer ethnic Chinese and Koreans as better mates. I have only met one Latino since I arrived. He was a Geologist from Colombia. Nice young guy, however, hated every moment of living here and left a couple of months later once his work was completed. He stuck to himself best I could see and didn’t mingle. The only Blacks I have seen are foreign taxi drivers who speak little to no English. Other than that, there is a Black man who is a Journeyman Lineman for Rio Tinto. Like the Colombian, he also keeps his nose to the grindstone, traveling primarily to work and back. However, knowing the Mongolian people as I do, they would not be accepting of Latino or Black cultures into their community. I have never heard of one of the ladies being romantically involved with a man of either culture at any level.

It would stand to reason, someone like me would be targeted as well. However, in all honesty, Americans who are working in Mongolia to improve the infrastructure of the country are “hands-off” and the populace know it. Upon my arrival, not only were we required to attend a three-day orientation by “the Embassy guy”, however, were introduced to members of the The State Great Khural (parliament) or “76” as one of the posters commented; high-ranking local officials to include Mayor Sükhbaataryn Batbold, and top Executive Officers from the Ministry of Justice and National Police Agency just to name a few. UB truly rolled out the red carpet for us. We were also given business cards by these high-ranking officials to contact them directly if we had any concerns whatsoever. Because of the efforts of the team I am associated with will result in bolstering not only Mongolia’s infrastructure, however economy, I am sure that it was made perfectly clear to the general population that it would be heavily frowned upon if we were preyed upon at any level. From day one, my experiences have been great, however, again, I am not so naïve to think the word had not been put out at their highest levels of Government, that we are not to be menaced.

The men are typically the protagonists of foreigners; however, the Mongolian women despise western ladies to a degree I could never conceive. I find it interesting there is next to nothing published regarding the treatment of western women in Mongolia. As heralded as marriage-eligible western men are treated by Mongolian women, it is just the opposite for western women. So much in fact, members of our team who brought their wives were encouraged for them NOT to wander alone, especially in the evenings without their husbands. Several western ladies have made this mistake and did not have pleasurable experiences. In short (to be blunt), Mongolian women see western women as weak, feminists possessing no worth. I have been out to The Grand Khaan Irish Pub (yes, Irish Pub) and have witnessed young, attractive Mongolian ladies flirting with colleagues of mine, with their wives sitting right there – going so far as to sit on their laps or pull them onto the dance floor. They would scowl at their wives in a dismissive manner as if they were insects. I believe this is done intentionally to show their disregard for western females and make them appear feeble to their husbands (it would be Saturday night in Saloon City if a similar insult occurred to another Mongolian woman). They do not behave in this manner to many of the Russians who frequent about. Again, for some reason, they are tolerant of Slavic women. I believe this primarily because of the Russian influence over the years, to include the belief that Cossacks lived there long ago before the Mongol invasion. To paraphrase, the Russians are revered as a fiercer people by the Mongols, and although not accepted with open arms, are tolerated. Although rare, there have been incidents involving young Mongolian girls walking up to western women and asking them for money. When they rightfully refused, the girl would snatch their purse, take whatever they wanted out of it, hand back the remaining contents and walk away. It makes no difference at all whether the lady is married to someone heavily involved in mining or commerce. Western women are raised in a culture which does not advocate using physical means as an option to resolve a dispute – Mongolian women use physical force as a first response. It is also not rare to see Mongolian women walk by western women and yell expletives at them, or even spit on them. I have also seen western ladies walking at night, and have Mongolian women approach them and excoriate them to tears. I have seen this multiple times in my short stay, and have put a stop to it more than once. You may ask why the locals to not intervene? In their eyes, western women have no value and have little respect for anyone who will not stand up for themselves. One of our team terminated his contract, because of this exact same treatment. Apparently, his wife was walking home to their apartment, was stopped by a group of young Mongolian girls who berated and slapped her multiple times shouting she was not wanted here. His wife refused to come out of their apartment again after this incident, subsequently, he pulled the plug on his mining gig. I do not know why western ladies are despised to this extent. However, believe that many of the western men who bring them here are college educated, making excellent money (only reason for being here), good spirited. Therefore, they usually marry western women who are attractive and educated. The Mongolian ladies view western ladies as a threat; as the main focus of a Mongolian lady is to marry well and raise a family. Just as in the wild, the alpha predators will eventually eradicate the competition to access the food source. It is no different here. The Mongolian women have made their land very uninhabitable for western females, which is why you see very few. Do not misunderstand me, not all Mongolian women will react in this matter. The one thing they do all have in common (young and old), is a mutual disdain and loathing for western women. Does the above examples I have listed occur each time a western woman sets out to Sükhbaatar Square? Of course not. And some may never experience this. However, they will most definitely be met with contempt and piercing stares (no one has this mastered as well as the Mongols); and if they travel about enough, and in the evenings/weekends, they will most assuredly be accosted.

I know of a western lady who has married into one of the more affluent Mongolian families in UB (very rare). She is an exception, however, although treated with respect, amongst the women in the family, she is subservient to the females including the younger members. There is a pecking order within Mongolian families with women and it is not always incumbent upon age and sage (although usually the case) if a western woman enters the mix.
I know this post is lengthy, however trying to provide enough reliable and accurate information for anyone wishing to travel to and spend time in Mongolia. It is a man’s world in UB, and if traveling alone or with a couple of your pals, you will have the visit of a lifetime. The ladies almost make you want to settle down. However, for western ladies, one of the destinations you will want to pass on (trust me).

Messages In This Thread