rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta males on a train let a thug stab a man to death and do nothing.

Beta males on a train let a thug stab a man to death and do nothing.

Quote: (07-09-2015 04:45 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

That no one did displays not just cowardice but also a callous and unthinking selfishness. The Reddit eyewitness had no idea at the time how many more people Spires would kill, no idea if he would attack the 52-year-old woman or an elderly passenger. He just let him walk off the train into the subway, covered in Sutherland’s blood.

This is essentially the opposite of the spirit of United Flight 93—the heroic selflessness that prompted a group of courageous passengers on 9/11 to attack their hijackers, forcing them to crash the plane in a Pennsylvania field. Once they heard about the attacks in New York and the Pentagon, and knew many more would die if they failed to act, they knew what they had to do—no matter what happened to them.

Morally, the choice facing the passengers on that subway car on July 4 was no different than the one facing the United 93 passengers on 9/11. It doesn’t matter if it’s one life or one thousand, the principle is what counts.

I don't agree with this logic. It's easy to sit back and play armchair hero. When something like this actually happens and you have to step in and disarm a man with a deadly weapon, it's another story. Especially if you have a wife and kids to look after. In Krav Maga we studied knife and gun disarms and I'll tell you straight up it's way harder to disarm a man with a knife than one with a gun. And you WILL get stabbed, no matter how good you are. Especially if the guy with the knife knows how to use it.

As for his 9/11 analogy, he's only looking at the final jet when the passengers already got word of the suicidal attacks on the twin towers and knew their fate was sealed if they didn't do something. What happened in the first three planes was analogous to what happened on this metro train. The passengers thought that if they didn't interfere they'd be spared.

Indeed, the first thing they trained us in jiu jitsu knife training was to run if someone is threatening you with a knife. If you try to engage someone with a knife, you will get stabbed. If I had a gun in this case, I doubt I would try to shoot the attacker while he is stabbing someone, it's too easy to shoot the guy he is stabbing.

I'd call police, and tell them I am on a train witnessing a man get stabbed to death, and tell them which car I am on, see if they can stop the train, not sure what else to be honest.

I guess I am beta when it comes to not wanting to get stabbed

Messages In This Thread