rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adventure or Money? and life options for those in their mid 20's. Advice please

Adventure or Money? and life options for those in their mid 20's. Advice please

Hi guys,
I am in the midst of making some major life decisions, and I thought what better people to ask than those at RVF. I have been reading threads here for the last year and the advice and progressive thinking I've witnessed have made me a convert.

Yes, this is my first thread, and I am asking for advice, but hopefully I will be able to provide some value as well based on my life experiences, so if anyone has any questions I would love to answer them.

Disclaimer: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE EXTREMELY LONG POST. I just started typing and it got kind of out hand. Feel free to skim over it if you like, or skip to the end where I list some of the options I am considering for my next move haha. Thanks!

My story:

****I have unfortunately had to edit this post and remove my life story to protect myself from SJW's during the Meetup fiasco of Feb 6, 2016. There was just way too much personally identifying information here if you put the pieces together.

Current situation:

25 years old, living at my parents house this last month while deciding my next life move. Although I wasted a lot of time when I was younger, it has ultimately brought me to this point in my life where I now feel I am about to thrive. My motivation is at an all time high, as well as my game, and confidence. I have the partying under control.

I am ready to take full responsibility for my financial situation, and am sick of being perpetually broke. Although I still have the travel wanderlust, if it means settling in one spot for a few years to earn some real money then so be it.

My top priorities right now are saving money, meeting women, and hitting the gym hard.

I have not forgot about the digital nomad thing either, and plan on continuing to try and build a passive income on the side through writing ebooks for kindle, and building an ecommerce dropshipping store.

Here are my ideas:

1. Getting my real estate license, and trying to break into commercial real estate. I know this is highly competitive, and with my limited experience and just a bachelors in Anthropology, I'm not sure how plausible this is. I think I have the drive though. I could become a residential real estate broker, but there is nowhere near the same amount of money to be made. This option will also lock me down to one area for a long period of time.

2. Working some menial jobs like kitchen or hospitality for massive hours, while living at my parents house for a while to put some money away. Then moving abroad to take a second shot at digital nomadism where I can focus on just building passive income instead of doing freelance stuff. I don't really like this option though, as living at my parents sucks for my dating life, and I could easily end up right back where I started if the online stuff doesn't work out.

3. Continue to satisfy my wanderlust. Get a TEFL and move to South Korea to teach English for a year, where I've heard others say it is possible to save at least $1000 per month. There isn't really an end game with this option, but at least I would have some sort of bankroll then for my next endeavour, while enjoying a foreign country. Everything I have read on here is pretty negative about korean girls though. It would be nice to teach somewhere like Colombia, but then I am not going to save any money...

4. Take another seasonal job in a national park. It would likely be some shit job, but the potential to have a good time and enjoy awesome recreation is high. I could also probably save a few thousand over the course of a season. However, this isn't going to advance my career, and internet will be bad in these areas so I won't make any passive income progress. Maybe if I wait until the winter season starts I could get a management job, or another tour guide job which would be slightly better...

5. Working in the oil sands. This could set me up well money wise, and I have the hardworking attitude to be successful. However, I am American which provides some challenges, as well as not having any trades experience. I have also read that with the price of oil plummeting, there have been massive layoffs, and getting into this profession is no longer about just showing up.

Does anyone know of any similar alternatives that would allow me to work really hard for a few months to stack up a boatload of cash? I have thought about wildland firefighting, or working on an alaskan fishing boat, but I don't think these have the same sort of potential as working in oil.

6. Was just offered a job by an adventure travel company in Boston, but for the first few years I would probably just be in a call center doing customer service type shit until I advance in the company. Pay is only 35k. On this salary in Boston I would probably go broke, and the work itself would suck, but there is some potential in the company, and I have never lived in a city before so that would be a good experience at least, while providing me lots of opportunities to meet women.

7. Other options? I really am open to anything and I know this forum has a lot of smart people with similar life goals to me. I am willing to go back to school if I have to to get a masters, but I would really prefer not to, rather leveraging my current life experience, degree, and motivation to take action RIGHT NOW. I have already read through almost every thread on the first 10 pages of lifestyle so just soaking it all in currently. What path can I take to maximize my money, travel, and women opportunites both now and in the future? BTW, I currently only have about 3k to my name to work with.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE GUYS. I have learned so much from this forum already. I have taken the red pill, and am a much better man for it. The future is looking bright.

Messages In This Thread