rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

Quote: (07-08-2015 01:31 PM)Ice Wrote:  

I think there are many people - especially in an office environment - who feel threatened if someone is not a pussy like them and instead acts confident and is ambitious. They simply don't want to have such a person around. That can really be a problem. On one hand you want to have a job, on the other hand you don't want to suppress your "alpha frame". I guess the solution is just to find a place where one fits in with the culture and the vibe. That can be quite hard though. I sometimes even envy people who work in construction or as tattoo artist or the like, because these environments are pretty macho and un-PC. But at the same time these jobs also tend to be pretty shitty and not very well paid. So that's not a solution either.

It's not a bad thing everywhere even in finance. There's a couple high finance firms out there which are infamous for having what haters call a "douchebro" culture....in other words they're confident, aggressive, and like to party hard.

Messages In This Thread