rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

Lost Out On a Job Because I Was Too Intimidating

Quote: (07-08-2015 04:23 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

A couple of months ago I was invited to an “informal” coffee with the company Controller - this guy probably makes about $4M year. When we walked in he said. ”Feel free to say what you like. I’d like to hear opinions of people on the ground. This is totally informal”. I told him that the Shared Services team in India wasn’t very good and that most people didn’t use them or consider them competent. I asked him why they are there. He explained the history of the team in India.

A few days later I got called into my Director’s office. She said that the Controller was concerned about my knowledge about the India team and my confidence in their abilities. He thought I didn’t know what they do (I do know what they do, I deal with them almost daily). Apparently he emailed my SVP right after the meeting mentioning me and then he forwarded the email to the Director. Thankfully the Director took my side, I said it must have been a misunderstanding.

A few weeks ago, my department had a big meeting and the SVP said that the India team will be merged with another department in India because they were not being used enough.

Who let the controller know the India team were underperforming? Me. Who got fucked over? Me.

Sounds like the way things worked in Soviet Russia.
"Comrade, this is just between you and me. I'd really like to know how the Party can improve its efficiency!"
"Well, actually..." (relieved and proceeds to be honest)
Next stop, the gulag.

Actually, that's the way the human race works. We aren't ruled by a fraternity of "alpha males" who sit back with their feet on the coffee table, smoke cigars and slap their secretaries' asses. Never have been. Rather, there's a coalition of anxious, small-dicked guys who use duplicity and know how to recruit all the other men with inferiority complexes - and the women.

The 48 Laws of Power remains as always, worth reading.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Messages In This Thread