rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

Quote: (07-09-2015 02:28 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2015 01:37 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

As I've gotten older, I do this less, unless I'm teasing girls. I grew a lot of facial hair, started working out, I have that "resting asshole face", and I have a serious demeanor yet easy going vibe...that is until I open my mouth or crack a smile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...eason.html

Did not know that resting asshole face was a thing - like resting bitch face.

is that it?

Yeahs for men it's kind of a pissed off angry look but kind of calm and cool.

It's always been natural for me, I remember back in high school a handful of incidents where guys thought I was mad dogging them when in reality I was just chilling.

It's easier to show than explain.

Occasionally people ask if I'm pissed, why I'm so serious, etc.

If I'm at the gym, I'm in the zone
[Image: 16atrp2.jpg]

I just have that intense look, I look pissed, I look aggro. I never smile, I'm always focused, people are surprised when I come up and ask them if they're using a bar or rope, or if they're almost done.

Quote: (07-09-2015 02:54 AM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2015 02:28 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2015 01:37 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

As I've gotten older, I do this less, unless I'm teasing girls. I grew a lot of facial hair, started working out, I have that "resting asshole face", and I have a serious demeanor yet easy going vibe...that is until I open my mouth or crack a smile.
Did not know that resting asshole face was a thing - like resting bitch face.

is that it?

Hilarious. Yes, I'd say you nailed it.

This is one of my biggest hang-ups. I suck at comebacks! I don't know if it was because I'm the oldest child in my family, or because I was homeschooled (yup, sure was).

I've had the feeling of being in command of a social situation, but I feel like I'm kind of being a bully. I'd rather be the cool and collected dude who speaks 'less but better'.

Being able to banter seems to be a matter of developing an alpha mindset in a group of people. Though multiple sports teams, military, and male-dominated jobs, I still suck at shit-talk. Can anyone help me with this?

Fuck, I'll pay. Seriously. PM me and I'll either trade services or cash for instruction and guided practice.

Nothing wrong with speaking less and with more quality.

Start listening to comedians dealing with hecklers, Comedians doing a roundtable discussion.

Seriously comedians get it, they know how to burn someone so good with a few words.

Start telling stories if you're a good story teller.

Messages In This Thread