rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

Quote: (07-08-2015 12:44 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2015 06:40 PM)Helium1 Wrote:  

I sometimes encounter douchebags who try to be funny but I have a hard time trying to come up with fast replies.

I was wondering what advice do you guys have? Should I just ignore them or attack back?

Find a job on a constructions site, landscape crew, forestry crew, auto shop, welding shop, fruit/farm picker aka male dominated blue collar workspace. Any fast talking/quick burn skills I ever obtained were from those kind of jobs. Not only do you learn to talk fast but you learn the 'line' of and insult and a joke.

I was in a situation like this once. I was in my early 20s, extremely sheltered/shy, and not used to trading insults or whatever the fuck people call it. And funny enough, once the crew I was working with found out I was in college, the insults got worse... Needless to say, I didn't last long

I believe with "douchebags" there's really no need to trade insults if you act confident. As others have said, it's difficult to develop a "quick wit" if it's not something you naturally have. Also, it's more important to have a thick skin in every arena of life.

First try to figure out why you care so much what other people think and maybe work on that.

Messages In This Thread