rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

How do you get better at comeback quips/retorts?

Quote: (07-09-2015 02:28 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2015 01:37 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

As I've gotten older, I do this less, unless I'm teasing girls. I grew a lot of facial hair, started working out, I have that "resting asshole face", and I have a serious demeanor yet easy going vibe...that is until I open my mouth or crack a smile.
Did not know that resting asshole face was a thing - like resting bitch face.

is that it?

Hilarious. Yes, I'd say you nailed it.

This is one of my biggest hang-ups. I suck at comebacks! I don't know if it was because I'm the oldest child in my family, or because I was homeschooled (yup, sure was).

I've had the feeling of being in command of a social situation, but I feel like I'm kind of being a bully. I'd rather be the cool and collected dude who speaks 'less but better'.

Being able to banter seems to be a matter of developing an alpha mindset in a group of people. Though multiple sports teams, military, and male-dominated jobs, I still suck at shit-talk. Can anyone help me with this?

Fuck, I'll pay. Seriously. PM me and I'll either trade services or cash for instruction and guided practice.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Messages In This Thread