rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to take My Life After Graduation? AUS vs. SHA

Where to take My Life After Graduation? AUS vs. SHA

Gentlemen,

As I enter my final year of college, the next phase of my life is coming into view very quickly.

Currently, there are two paths I really want to take laying right in front of me, but they will take me to radically different places.

I could continue on with management consulting and move to Austin, which is my dream U.S. city because lifestyle has become so important to me since taking the redpill. I can find an apartment there for about $1400/mo that's within five minutes' walking distance from 6th street, 10 min. drive from my firm's Austin office, and has a great view of the river and easy access to downtown. The Austin datasheet and Sevens' SXSW thread have me super hyped at the possibilities as well. Consulting has always been my goal job, both for the work and the travel. It would allow me to rack up tons of miles to use to pursue a world traveler lifestyle when I follow 262's advice on living off passive income.

OR

I could go into education consulting in Shanghai. I've spoken to friends who are doing that now, and have interviews with several recruiters upcoming. It's not a teaching English job, it would be helping rich (and let's face it, most likely corrupt) Chinese get their kids into American universities and private schools. As a Chinese-American, I feel like there's a good hook for me to leverage, and I actually would enjoy doing it. I'm unsure of the precise bankroll, but friends tell me they're able to live in Shanghai comfortably, if not extravagantly. I'd also have relatives help me avoid Fortis' problem with landlords and generally getting ripped off. Again, the various China datasheets, and the fact that I utterly crush Tantan have me hyped that, while not white-god status, my overall "Westernness" will be a reasonable bump.

These are two completely different cities, two completely different jobs, and two completely different lifestyles, but they both appeal to me greatly. I'd really appreciate it if the older members and veteran travelers here could give me some insight, and possibly ask me some questions I hadn't yet considered that might sway me one way or the other.

Quote:Quote:
Menace Wrote:
An experience is in her head and no guy can ever jizz on it.
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music
This was used a lot when I was young and really into the underground scene. I would invite girls to come back to listen to Fugazi records.
This is the first time in recorded history that Fugazi was used to remove panties.

Messages In This Thread