rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost my dad

Lost my dad

Quote: (09-09-2018 08:01 PM)monsquid Wrote:  

Thank you for sharing your story Spaniard. My father turns 60 this. I haven't talked to him for over 4 years. Don't plan on getting in contact with him either. I used to love my dad and look up to him until I got older and saw him for who he was and how abusive he was towards the family.

In life we don't deserve good fathers. Life gives us one, if you get a good one count yourself blessed.

Yeah, I read something once that resonated:

"Make sure to pick your parents wisely, it's the most important decision you'll never make."

I definitely feel like I won the lottery in regards to family. I have a friend that grew up in foster homes, he doesn't know his mom or dad, has no siblings. It's a reality I find hard to fathom. So I try to be there for him.

I also want to make sure my kids won't be too far apart in age, that way they'll always have someone to share life with, no matter what. Relationships come and go, but siblings can always be there as a source of strength for each other. I'd be a much weaker person without the influence my siblings have had on my life, so I'll aim to give my kids that same edge in life.

Messages In This Thread