rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Survival TV Show: Alone

Survival TV Show: Alone

Quote: (08-17-2015 04:43 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Obvious a show like this isn't going to attract the same attention that a show like GOT or True Detective, but I honestly think that this might be one of the most masculine friendly shows on TV.

It's educational, it investigates what masculinity is, it prompts questions about society building and what it means to be alive.

I hope it goes on for at least a few more seasons. Culture is improved through the existence of this show.

It's a great show to watch with your girl too.

You get to think about how you would realistically go about preparing for survival in that situation, she gets to freak out about the wolves and isolation. Rationality and emotion/drama within the same programme.

I can see a second run of the show going one of a few ways:
- they completely lose the magic by adding women or only picking people for dramatic purposes rather than survival abilities

- they follow the same winning formula in a different survival situation - either slightly easier (a test of endurance and staying power vs. boredom) or harder (ability to cope with extreme events)

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Messages In This Thread