rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Survival TV Show: Alone

Survival TV Show: Alone

I like the concept of the show, but I'm disappointed at the location they selected. Vancouver Island isn't that "wild," it has a population of over 700,000 people and a pop. density of 60/sq. mile.

I did some quick Google Earth research on the exact site they selected:

[Image: w6yNUhS.jpg]

A few things to note. First, these dudes are right on top of each other. One of them could yell at night and the one the next site over could hear him.

[Image: Cj5jtfl.jpg]

Also, the area itself is hardly wooded at all. The coastal area immediately next to the water has a few hundred meters (if that) of woods, but then the interior is bare, with a bunch of roads running over the whole area. Dramatic narration notwithstanding, I doubt this part of the island supports that many large predators.

[Image: UbcFOV0.jpg]

I really love the outdoors, in particular completely wild, isolated places far from civilization, so I'm still gonna give this show a try before I pass further judgment. But I do feel that they could have selected a much more hard-core location for the shoot, either somewhere in Alaska (where you need to literally fly a plane for hundreds of km to get to the nearest road) or in Canada's interior. Plenty of lakes in both those areas to give the same type of feel as Vancouver Island.

Messages In This Thread