rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Survival TV Show: Alone

Survival TV Show: Alone

I've been watching the new show Alone. It begins with 10 men being dropped off one-by-one in various different locations on Vancouver Island, miles apart from each other. It's a contest to see who can survive the longest, independent and all alone in the forest.

Each man, must find a way to survive far from every other human being on the planet, starting with only 10 items of his choosing.

The first episode begins with each of the ten men building shelter, trying to create fire, establishing a reliable water source and attempting to find food.

The woods are thick with bears and cougars, so there is real danger starting from day one.

You'll notice that there are no female contestants on this show. I don't know if the producers even tried to find any, but after watching an episode or two, you'll be confident that it be an extremely rare woman that could survive for long by herself in these conditions. It's very difficult even for the men, all of whom might be considered experts.

I also noticed that, while none of the men exhibit a massive ego, it's the ones who would probably be the most likely to talk about how tough they are when safely at home in polite society are the men who struggle the most.

The ones who appear to hold it together the best aren't necessarily the best picture of alpha, but that doesn't stop them from doing well when the going gets tough.

I highly recommend this show. Nothing on TV has held my attention this well in years. It's absolutely fascinating. The first season is only two episodes in, but I think that the parts that have already aired and the future episodes should provide for some interesting discussion here on the forum.

I don't want to give away any spoilers until others have had a chance to see the show, but I've certainly made some observations already that I'm eager to discuss with others here.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread