rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aussie dads' app makes it safer than ever to share nudes

Aussie dads' app makes it safer than ever to share nudes

Quote: (06-28-2015 09:18 AM)Espresso Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2015 06:54 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2015 05:05 AM)FireStarter Wrote:  

They invented Snapchat with slightly more security.

But as Ambicatus already stated someone will find a way to bypass it. I give it less than a week after it's released before someone comes up with a workaround. If someone is that desperate to keep a copy, there's nothing stopping them simply taking a photo of the screen.

I was just about to suggest taking a photo of the screen. That was the very first thing that sprang to mind when I read that they had blocked regular screenshotting (which I'm sure will be circumvented quickly enough too).

I don't think it's so simple actually. If it works the way I think it works, you won't really be able to take a picture of the screen with a separate camera.

The image on the phone screen will broken up into multiple narrow lines or dots that flicker at high frequency so that at any one time there is only a small part of the original image on the screen. But your eye will interpret it as a normal looking image because it's not fast enough to discern the flickering. A phone screenshot however will just capture accurately what's on the screen in that instant - which won't be a usable image.

Not saying it's a secure method, but (presumably) the app works by doing something like this, instead of just disabling the screenshot capability.

That would increase the security slightly but that would still be incredibly easy to bypass. You could either take multiple photos and combine them into one pic or take a video.

But I don't think it will be long before someone finds a better way to bypass it. By telling the world how secure it is they're also unwittingly issuing a challenge. There are hackers that will crack the code, not so much because they want to see nude pics but because they want to conquer the challenge of an "uncrackable" code.

Messages In This Thread