rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

Maybe we should have a special 50+ bodyweight thread. Moderators? I'm 56 myself. I tried to attach a photo, but Firefox on Android (I'm traveling and all I have is smartphone) won't cooperate. So here is the imgur link:

https://m.imgur.com/a/TuzEB

Anyway, my yoga routine is under 20 minutes each morning, of which just over 5 minutes is hard work. In particular, handstand, bridge and scale poses (which are in the imgur album) are hard if you hold for a minute each, as is 1 minute in peacock (not shown) and the 60 Hindu pushups I do as a warmup. Everything else is easy by comparison (30 hindu squats as warmup, headstand, shoulderstand, various stretches. The horse stance is just for demonstrating my overall condition, I don't do that as part of my routine.

Those photos are from yesterday. I get photos every few months to see if my back bridge is improving. It is, though form is still poor. The other stuff is acceptable form.

Obviously, I'm not BIG big, but I'm definitely way above most guys age 56, despite very little work each day. Something to think about for older guys. My routine takes very little space and no equipment.

I consider Kegels the single most important exercise I do, but neither the exercise nor the resulting strong pelvic diaphragm is visible. Typically, I do 60 rapid pulses, then 12 x exhale and hold 5 seconds, then 30 seconds hold while lightly breathing. All this done while sitting in lotus at the end of my routine.

[Edit: typos]

Messages In This Thread