rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Curious - what about male modeling?

Curious - what about male modeling?

After I release a bunch of career and entrepreneur specific products for various Asian countries, mostly China, I'm thinking of doing the same for foreigners who are trying to break into the Asian modeling scene.

A lot of the principles are the same in that they can build a career, network, and portfolio much more rapidly than they would in their home countries, due to either short supply of their specific race/look in Asia or because of low demand or too much competition in their homelands.

As most future growth in fashion and luxury goods will be coming from this region of the world (China specifically), there is potential for people in all areas of the industry to "make it" over here. This applies to everything from textile producers/consumers, models, agents, photographers, designers, and everyone else. Almost every industry is like the wild west and up for grabs, but it takes a certain kind of personality to "make it".

Unrelated to modeling, but some of the other "China Stories" that I am actively helping to craft:

-Helping a buddy who is crazy about basketball brand himself as THE foreigner to hit up regarding the rise of basketball in second and third tier Chinese cities.....immense growth potential there and in Asian sports in general

-Helping a member of this forum create himself a niche in the fashion+tourism industry by developing a niche line of tourism specific to fashion in Europe for high end Asian consumers...in development stage at the moment

-Exploring potential for an Asian-American buddy to break into the Asian PGA (golf)

Some China stories that I am profiling but not necessarily crafting:

-Documenting the rise of my Korean friend who has singlehandedly somehow become a power broker in the market for helicopters for Chinese CEOs, created by LG in Korea

-Documenting a group of French entrepreneurs who are launching a chain of boutique high end beer shops in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, and Ningbo

-Young Russian female exporter who is sourcing cashmere from China, having them made by Italian designers, then sold as high end products to the Russian market

I apologize for the tangent. Incredible, incredible stories happening in China right now.

Modeling is one niche where I am seeing people experience rapid success.

Messages In This Thread