rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social Media/News Blackout for Productivity/Time Management

Social Media/News Blackout for Productivity/Time Management

[Image: 14skrjq.png]

Hey guys, I've had about an entire month of no productivity at this point, and I've got to get some work done in order to get my entrepreneurial activities to the next level. Now, while the internet is an absolute necessity for my current focus (entrepreneurial web development), it can also be an immensely distracting, never-ending, black-hole time-suck.

There was a similar thread posted recently regarding the detrimental effects of social media:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-48411.html

However, I wanted a thread with more structure, where people could set customized goals, stick to them, and then report back on the results.

So, I'm setting a goal of staying off social media and news sites at least until the end of October. This will allow me to increase my focus on the areas I want to get to the next level in. I'll check in on the forum towards the end of my blackout and share how my productivity habits changed, if at all (perhaps I'll simply find other non-productive activities to fill the extra time with, perhaps not).

Thought I'd make this thread for others wanting to do the same so we could set a time goal for our blackout and then check back in when we either accomplish the goal or fail to do so. We can then note what positive and/or negative changes the blackout had on our productivity, social lives, health, etc.

Others could try a less strict blackout, something like no social media, but checking in on the forum once a week to touch base in this thread with others working on blackout goals. You can treat it like a team huddle, to keep motivated and share what works, what doesn't, any tools you used, whether it was worth it or not, things like that.

Or perhaps you'll only black out news sites, or online video games, for example, while keeping social media.

It's up to you, but my hope is for this thread to serve as a jump off point for getting a lot of us to the next level of our personal development.

Most of us have different online activities that we spend perhaps a little too much time on, so it's up to each of us to customize a plan for minimizing these distractions and leveling up, so to speak. Feel free to use this thread for hashing that stuff out.

If you're contributing to this thread, you've already decided that there are merits to re-allocating your focus to productivity.

That's it, so to summarize, here's my blackout goal:

Sites Blacked Out: News and Social Media.
Time Frame: Until end of October 2015.

Good luck to everyone else giving this, or a variation of this, a shot!

[Image: grouphug.gif]

Messages In This Thread