rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best countries for a man in his mid-twenties (for living and working)

Best countries for a man in his mid-twenties (for living and working)

Quote: (06-22-2015 08:32 AM)Seadog Wrote:  

Quote: (06-18-2015 10:18 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I think one of the bigger issues that you and others are overlooking is the whole work visa situation. Similarly to Canada, you can't just show up in Australia and work for 5 years in resources and make off with a few hundred k.

Working holiday visas restrict you to 6 months work. Can be renewed once if you meet a few conditions. But hardly enough to make a sizable dent starting with no skills or experience. Not to mention the whole Aussie resources industry has taken a bit of a hit, and as a foreigner it already one strike against you(experience is foreign, will you stay, etc?). You'll need a few Aussie specific certs to get started, work gear, a place to stay while you do this. All $. You can do well compared to bartending, but not FU money.

The oil sands threads probably bear a lot of similarities to Australia. A big one is that people from away see 6-figure salaries and think its easy and the roads are paved with gold.

Saying you'd spend nothing is easy, until you've been in a shithole for months on end with nothing to do. Money becomes almost meaningless at the prospect of a few good times.

All valid points. As usual supply and demand is the primary factor in getting work, far more important than qualifications and visas. If the mining boom was still going, you'd find much more sponsorships going through and company assistance with certifications etc. I've just googled the state of the Australian economy (it's not something I keep up to date on), and yeah, probably don't be trying this at the moment: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/austra...fc-2015-6.

Messages In This Thread