rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel whoring?

Travel whoring?

Talking to one of my OKCupid contacts online seemed to go really well, so I decided to ask for her # to set something up. She agrees and I call her that night and we spend a little time chatting.

We seem to get along fine on the phone, but says she's going to be on vacation next week but wants to set a meet up ASAP afterwards. As we talk, I notice she eventually starts trying to direct the conversation more towards travel and the trip she's taking, and trips she'd like to do in the future. That she'd like to visit Indonesia someday and so on. She really didn't offer much information about her own life except for her job, and I felt like while she was laughing at my jokes and talking about trivia some and playing along, it was me who was doing much of the serious talking about my own life.

It kind of set off alarm bells and I remember saying something like "yea I used to be scared of flying, maybe not anymore but I haven't done it much lately" and you could tell she really pulled back. We talked a little while longer and she asked me to call her again the next day before she leaves.

I try to contact her again the next day and I'm blocked on everything - I was actually a bit surprised at how quickly the block went down. She seemed very much like the "sweet" type who would tell a guy "you know you sound cool but I don't think we'll work out" maybe. She's obviously done this many times before.

Maybe something to be aware of. She was definitely an 7-8, so somewhat disappointed here. Post game analysis: she's in her late 20s and works a shitty job and hasn't had a chance to get the exotic selfies everyone else has. Or maybe she just didn't like the sound of my voice. But I guarantee the trip she had coming up was with another dude.

However, in future it's likely a good idea to pass on the profile of any woman of her age group that has a lot of travel pictures or talks about travel a lot and doesn't seem financially secure.

Messages In This Thread