rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American workers fired and replaced by Indians they have to train

American workers fired and replaced by Indians they have to train

Quote: (06-11-2015 12:43 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

American companies aren't even trying to hide their flagrant abuse of the H1B visa program anymore. The point of the program is to fill voids for high demand jobs that they can't find Americans to do. But how can this be the case if they are making American workers train these HB1 guys from India in order to take over their jobs? I listened to a radio interview today with some of these programmers and the company made it a condition that they had to train the immigrants for 3 months to do their jobs in order to get severance pay which was equivalent to a year of work, and even though they were gutted, that's quite a chunk of money to walk away from, so they did it.

I'm so sick of these capitalist fuckheads that see this country only as an open marketplace to do business and make money, and not as an actual nation worthy of any type of social responsibility. Driving down wages is terrible for Americans and our economy, even though it may be great for stock prices in the short term. The Americans will spend all of the paycheck in America. The immigrants will send a healthy portion of that as remittances overseas rather than recycling all of it into the American economy. The larger American paycheck means a higher tax base, and higher level of consumption which means more people employed down the chain. It means people buying houses and starting families with stable jobs. I've heard stories about H1B programmers from India getting paid terrible money living 4 to an apartment.

I don't know if there will be any public backlash against this. I hope there is. Disney loves to project a wholesome, All-American image while firing its American employees to replace them with foreigners that they must train to do their jobs. Unfortunately it's not only Disney that does this, it's many tech companies. Google is lobbying hard for more H1Bs as well. These aren't exactly companies that are strapped for cash. Paying the going wage for an American programmer is hardly going to bankrupt these already corporations that already have profits in the billions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/las...ments.html

HB1 gets piggybacked on immigration and diversity. Democrats love it for the diversity and Republicans love it for cheap labor. On that note, Larry Ellison will be hosting a fund raiser for Rubio at his mansion in California. From Breitbart:

Oracle lobbied for Rubio’s “Gang of Eight” immigration bill, S. 744 (formally known as the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013) , and successfully pushed an amendment that would go on to expand H-1B visas. The CEOs of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and Cisco were also among those to laud and applaud the bill’s passage in the Senate.

As much as I loath the left and most Democrats, the fact is is that Republicans are not much better.

Billionaires will ALWAYS act in their financial interests. And you cannot just tax them more as they can move their money to any of the numerous countries willing to hide it for them. Plus, I am not one for unreasonable taxation. I believe that congress and the elite of the US will only be appealed to by a form of American nationalism. This of course is minus the billionares that are dual citizens or are citizens of other countries living in the US.

Ultimately, diversity leaves us with no nation. Immigration MUST stop and a new form of nationalism must begin to take root.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Messages In This Thread