rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

There's Nothing In The Bible That Prohibits Premarital Sex For Men

There's Nothing In The Bible That Prohibits Premarital Sex For Men

Quote: (02-03-2016 07:21 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Beast:

Quote:Quote:

The old testament as it relates to the bible only tell a story of a prophecy that was foretold to the Jews of Israel. The advice, wisdom, and "laws" (especially the old testament) are relatively useless for a practicing Christian. They're only there to tell a story of why Jesus came. With the exception of the Psalms, you can really just read the new Testament and the Psalms to get a proper understanding of what Christianity is all about.

This is false. Jesus explicitly states in the Sermon on the Mount that he came to uphold the old laws, not undo them.

Matthew 5:

17 `Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets -- I did not come to throw down, but to fulfill;
18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

The only real exception to this is the "Eye for an eye" commandment, which Jesus states he came to clarify. "My father desires mercy, not sacrifice." Jesus stated God wanted more mercy and specifically when people commit wrongs against yourself, he asks for the victim to be as patient as possible and merciful to their oppressor as possible. This obviously excludes crimes committed against your neighbor (whom you must defend as he were yourself), and this also means that if the victim chooses not to be merciful then the victim shall not be held to any wrongdoing.

Exactly, as Jesus said:
Matthew 22:

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

All of the 10 commandments are rooted in loving one another and loving God. The two that Jesus left us do not violate them.

Now when we get to Leviticus we get the , "do not eat pork, do not eat shell fish, kosher, etc etc". We also get the Sodom and Gomorrah story. These laws did not come directly from God himself.

While I have my own opinions against homosexuality, killing gays and lesbians isn't very loving. However is eating pork and shellfish not loving? Not so much.

In my experience with premarital sex, Samsaeu how do you manage the drama associated with it? Every time I managed to get plates going the girls fell in love which caused drama, heart break, and the like. This doesn't follow Jesus' law very well (breaking hearts isn't loving) which is partially why I stopped going out seeking hook ups and doing mini ltrs.

Edit: Da_Zeb's explanation is much better than mine!

Messages In This Thread