rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eyebrow Game: 15 Sec Grooming Hack Will Have Women Notice You As You Ignore Them.

Eyebrow Game: 15 Sec Grooming Hack Will Have Women Notice You As You Ignore Them.

Quote: (04-01-2016 02:49 AM)DarianFrey Wrote:  

Bump.

Maybe this warrants its own thread, but I have a problem.

For the past 18 months I've noticed my eyebrows thinning out. It's gotten to the point where I've realized I'm losing them, since they're not growing back.

I used to have thick eyebrows, so it's most apparent to me. But I've lost maybe 50 % of my eyebrow hairs; mostly around the distal parts, but the middle part is also considerably thinned out. They fall out easily, just touching the area around the eyebrowsmay cause some to fall out.

The skin underneath the eyebrows are flaking, so I suspect a skin issue. Having looked it up most doctors prescribe a cream, often containing cortisone, which in the long run may aggravate the issue. So f*ck that.

I've been looking into what can be done. Not much, since eyebrow transplants are expensive as hell and no guaranteed results.

My question is, has anyone here had eyebrow tattoos done? Where I am they're covered by insurance, even when renewing... Since tattoos blur with time it doesn't feel like the optimal solution. But I'm getting desperate.

I'm okay with losing my hair at 24, but not my brows. Always had dem thick juicy swole 10/10 brows!

Have you actually talked to a doctor about this? I would probably see a doctor and have blood work done. It's possible that you may have some thyroid issues, especially if the outer portion of your eyebrows are thinning a lot. This can be caused by a whole host of problems, but is particularly common in hypothyroidism. The flaky skin could also be a potential sign that something is out of wack with your endocrine system.

Rather than looking for an immediate cosmetic solution, I'd try to figure out what is causing this. Give this link a read:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3358936/

Quote:Quote:

Thyroid hormone receptors were detected in both dermal and epithelial compartments of the human pilosebaceous unit.[48] T4 and T3 decrease the apoptosis of hair follicles and T4 prolongs the duration of anagen in vitro.[49] Thyroidectomy delays initiation of anagen. Administration of thyroxine advances anagen, initiation of which is however delayed once toxic doses are given. Therefore, ratio of telogen to anagen hairs is increased in hypothyroidism as well as hyperthyroidism.[50] Thus, the hair follicles are affected in thyroid disorders, and madarosis is caused due to disturbances in hair cell kinetics. Hypothyroidism is associated with generalized hair loss probably due to coarse, dull, and brittle hair with reduced diameter.[51] The eyebrows and eyelashes may also be lost. Loss of lateral one-third of eyebrows known as Hertoghe sign[38] is a characteristic sign of hypothyroidism.[52] Some people also refer to it as Queen Anne's sign,[53] after Anne of Denmark whose portrait with shortened eyebrows has been interpreted by some as indicative of the presence of goiter, even though such a fact has not been proved by any known sources of information. Madarosis may even be the presenting sign in hyperthyroidism.[21] In hyperthyroidism, there is thinning with breaking off and shortening of hair.[54] Madarosis can also occur in hypopituitarism, hypoparathyroidism,[21] and hyperparathyroidism.[55]

I feel for you though. At one point my eyebrows started thinning quite dramatically from about the midpoint outward. The more I looked into it the more it seemed like it could be a thyroid issue (I had other symptoms as well). I had blood work done and the numbers indicated that my thyroid was perhaps a bit "slow," to use my doctor's term. I ended up taking some natural supplements to give my thyroid a boost, and made lifestyle changes to help regulate stress more effectively. Eventually my brows grew back for the most part, so it's possible that those things helped.

Messages In This Thread