rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did gays become so popular?

How did gays become so popular?

Every generation had to latch on to some climactic social cause. Women's suffrage, civil rights, ending the Vietnam War. Now it's LGBT as the cause celebre.

How did it become so popular. A few things had to be aligned for it to happen:

1) Radical egalitarianism, e.g. everything under the sun is equal and equally valuable. I even see animal rights types claiming humans and cows are equal.

2) Destruction of gender roles and the belief that they are sexist and oppressive. Male and female behavior is considered a construct. Some of the extremists have gone as far as refuse to call their children boys or girls and let them choose their own gender when they get older. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pare...24245.html

3) Belief that marriage is nothing more than an officiated ceremony of love. Belief that marriage is deeply tied to religious tradition, children and family structure is rendered anachronistic.

4) Gay victimhood complex

5) SJW phenomenon rife with smug and sanctimonious hashtag activist millenials who think they are on a crusade to give people "the right to love". A red herring if there ever was one.

6) Maybe most importantly, the media. Mainstream news media, entertainment media, social media. When I saw Brokeback Mountain nominated for the most Academy Awards, I knew it was a full scale LGBT propaganda war. I actually watched the movie to see if it lived up to the hype. If the movie were about a straight couple, it would've been totally forgettable. It would not have been nominated for an Academy War, let alone won 3. Then you've had all the gay propaganda on MTV and gays portrayed overwhelmingly in positive roles. Rarely do you see any footage of them parading through San Francisco in leather chaps and whips. Or hear about how they are spreading HIV with their extremely promiscuous lifestyles. Gays are presented as warm and cuddly people who are victimized by a virulently homophobic society. They obviously make better parents than straights. I don't think they could've come this far in so short a time without the full backing and promotion of the mass media.

Messages In This Thread