rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FIFA Corruption Scandal - 6 Arrested for Extradition to USA

FIFA Corruption Scandal - 6 Arrested for Extradition to USA

Come on guys, what's with the U.S. backlash?

Too violent? Really?

Do people really think the U.S. is that violent? I seriously doubt tourists would wander off into neighborhoods they know they aren't suppose to go to, which is common sense in any country. I'm sure Brazil and South Africa would fare better security wise [Image: dodgy.gif].

Too big?

Right and Brazil and Russia are small.

Too expensive?

Again, Europeans use Euros while Americans use dollars. If anything it would be cheaper for Europeans to travel to America than vice-versa. How exactly is it more expensive?

No soccer tradition?

This is one of the biggest misconceptions about America. The U.S. does have a tradition of soccer. Soccer is played at a very young age by American kids all over the country. Where do you guys think the term "soccer mom" comes from? If you go to major cities all across the U.S. you will see people playing soccer in public parks, especially Hispanics. Its extremely popular with children and with women as well. The U.S. has two women's world cups already. We love soccer, don't get it twisted. I'm willing to bet that the U.S. is more of a soccer country than even South Africa and Japan, yet those countries were given world cups.

No historical stadiums?

Really?

Soldier Field (Chicago, Illinois)
Louisiana Superdome (New Orleans)
Ohio Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
Michigan Stadium (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Notre Dame Stadium (Notre Dame, Indiana)
Cowboy Stadium (Dallas, Texas)
Houston Astrodome (Houston, Texas)
Rose Bowl Stadium (Pasadena, California)
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, California)
Lambeau Field (Green Bay, Wisconsin)

We got more than enough historical stadiums. More so than many other of these other countries who have hosted the event in the past like Japan, South Africa and even Qatar in 2022, (not sure about Russia). Soldier Field and the LA Coliseum were built not specifically for American football perse, but for past Olympics. Playing in these stadiums is no joke and quite an honor. Also the U.S. has the luxury in that they don't have to spend out of their minds for new stadiums. They already have them, and loads of them.

I'm sorry, but you guys are not going to convince me that having the world cup in Qatar, Russia, Japan/Korea and South Africa, Australia would be better off than having it in the U.S. I don't even find the reasons you guy talked about convincing at all.

The U.S. is a country of sports athletes, passionate sports fans, sports are our favorite pastime, which is only fitting that the U.S. hosts it again. Americans want to host the world cup, you can bet on it, we love big sporting events and we love to party.

Messages In This Thread