rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to recover from Nice Guy first impression?

How to recover from Nice Guy first impression?

I don't know if there's already a thread on this. I'm in a place with really crappy interwebz connection so searching is a real pain.

AngryLong story short: I went on a date and I was a complete gentleman and a nice guy. I want to know how to come off as less of a nice guy again.[Image: angry.gif]

Basically, I met this hot chick at the Opera Ball in early April... since events season is rapping up and she's in development she's been real busy, so all our plans to meet up fell through for a couple of weeks (I know, if a girl REALLY wants something she'll find a way... I guess I didn't make a great first impression).

Ran into her and her friends (which were very nice to me, including the guys) again at the end of April for the Symphony Ball and we made plans to meet up a few days later. It was a terribly bland date. I broke my no dinner rule, but I did stick to my usual venue change. I noticed she cringed at my corny funny comments:

Her: "Thanks for the great evening."
Me: "No, thank you for existing!"

(that usually gets a cheesy laugh out of most girls, in my experience)

Anyways, I behaved like a total nice guy, beta, a gentleman. Kissed her on the cheek when I walked her to her car. I guess she was taken aback by me not trying to kiss her because she hugged me again like 3 seconds later.

That was a Wednesday. On Friday I found out I was flying out the next morning and invited her out since I was flying out and she said she had plans, "but thank you though!"

Total nice guy grave I dug for myself, as opposed to my charming drunk self I was at both Balls.

How do I change this dynamic? We don't have the same friends and we probably won't organically run into each other again until events season begins again around August. How can I come off as less of a nice guy now?

Again, if there's a thread on this already, please someone point me in the right direction.

Messages In This Thread