rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Old Testament thread

The Old Testament thread

Quote: (05-21-2015 01:54 PM)billbudsocket Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2015 10:31 AM)SunW Wrote:  

It's been a while since I read the Bible, but I've read it a few times, so here's an answer based on what I recall:

Sarah is Abraham's sister, partially. I think Genesis 19 or 20 confirms this when Abraham tells another individual that Sarah is his sister, being the offspring of the same dad. I may be wrong, but I don't recall the story you're talking about actually stating that Abraham lied, just that he suggested to Sarah that she emphasize that she was his sister (which was true).

Pharaoh also sent Abraham and Sarah away in the end, which caused Abraham to miss the opportunity for protection from famine (which was why he was in Egypt), so he was punished for the way he treated Pharaoh.

They were not siblings. The genealogy from Adam to Abraham and his family is listed in Genesis 11.

Yes they were partial siblings, as I said:

Genesis 20:12 KJV
Quote:Quote:

And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Genesis 20:12 NIV
Quote:Quote:

Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

Messages In This Thread