rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

$150k in New York or $60k Location-Independant

0k in New York or k Location-Independant

Would you be only location independent or also time zone independent on 60k? If you have to work in the eastern US time zone, you can only comfortably live in the western hemisphere. Living in Europe would be pushing it. Asia is out of the question unless you want to work night shifts.

If I could choose my own hours, I would go for 60K and location independence. Between tax savings and lower cost of living, the quality of life would be much higher on 60K in many cities in Asia compared to 150K in NYC.

There is a lot of hype about NYC on RVF, and it may very well be the best city in the US for young single guys, but big cities in Asia like Manila, Jakarta or Bangkok are 5-10X easier when it comes to getting laid. From what I know, many places in Eastern Europe are also much easier than NY, particularly for guys who look for quality not quantity.

Also, getting from 150K to 300K and above in NY is extremely difficult. One has to be super talented and/or connected, and it takes a lot of time, effort and office politics to get to that level. I'm talking a combination of an Ivy League education, pedigree, work ethic, people skills, ruthlessness and luck. Most people in NY struggle to make ends meet working for 60K or less and will never earn even 150k in today's dollars.

Messages In This Thread