rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thinking about doing music full time

Thinking about doing music full time

I have been working on doing this full time as well. For a lot of rock/pop musicians and even at college and university, the main focus is on getting your band/songs together and hustling as much as you can. I think that's misguided to be honest.

I see that as a bit of a lottery, yes you might eventually write a great song, and get signed up and everything. I'm not denying that it is competitive in the music industry and you obviously have to self promote. But why only go down that route?

I'm just practising and studying hard to become the best musician I can be. I think I've learnt more and improved than all my wasted years in education put together, just from the last few years of my own self teaching.

I think in the past I enjoyed playing music for its own sake, never to show off. In addition I was raised in this toxic, everyone is equal don't show off enviroment. I now realise how detrimental that is to my development, and this generation of musicians. We should all aim to be virtuosos on our instrument and have deep knowledge of harmony and songwriting to arrange and compose our own songs. Not just do our best and then send that out to a bunch of record labels, fuck that.

I think its simple really, become the best, get gigs, get students, get a website and youtube channel to show that you're the best. All of those things will help each other. Promote yourself, not just your band or your songs.

This is taking me hours and hours a day of practice, so in the mean time I'm teaching private lessons at home, and looking into more work as a cruise ship musician. Which means I have to develop my sightreading skills and record some videos to audition for the agencies.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Messages In This Thread