rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thinking about doing music full time

Thinking about doing music full time

Today is the first day I've ever considered quitting all business shit full time and just doing what I love full time. Music and meeting chicks. At least for 3 to 6 months. I've been doing some serious hardcore planning to see how this would work and the feasibility of it. In order to make this happen, I'd need to be in an area with good public transportation (since I won't initially have money for a car and gas) and would need that transportation to go to areas with large population of international girls (as cost of living in high traffic areas will not initially be possible)

the way i'm doing it right now is looking at each specific project like a real estate property. what is the workflow, process, inspiration for it, labels to send demo tracks to, contacts for each, website, fan base of each, artists to network with, etc. its weird because i'm sorta doing the same thing (other than actually writing and producing music) that i would do in real estate but it's more fun and i'm finding more energy.

As much as I love traveling to other foreign lands, this would not be possible immediately so keeping the Eckhart Tolle Power of Now philosophy, I would want to feel that vacation feeling everyday. Right now NY seems to be one on the list and I would just crash with a friend outside Manhattan. Vegas is another (transportation isn't the best but cost of living is so cheap that being near the strip is an option)

LA itself doesnt have the city feel that I enjoy but it's still relatively cheap. Chicago is also on my radar but if I go all the way out there, I might as well go to NY.

And maybe if I save up enough money, then trek out to another country but in meantime, I can just work on writing tons of music to send out to contacts abroad so will have a "base" when I arrive there.

the way i'm doing it right now is looking at each specific project like a real estate property. what is the workflow, process, inspiration for it, labels to send demo tracks to, contacts for each, website, fan base of each, artists to network with, etc. its weird because i'm sorta doing the same thing (other than actually writing and producing music) that i would do in real estate but it's more fun and i'm finding more energy.

Messages In This Thread