rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-p...?ocid=iehp

The university president condemned the new profs words not because they were about white males, but that they were "generally hurtful."

Quote:Quote:

BOSTON — An incoming Boston University professor who called "white college males" a "problem population" and was publicly criticized by the university's president said on Tuesday she regrets making the remarks.

Black sociology professor Saida Grundy, who completed her doctorate at the University of Michigan last year, had declared on her now-private Twitter account that "white masculinity is THE problem for America's colleges."

In other recent tweets, she said, "Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a (asterisk)YALL(asterisk) thing," and "Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. And every year I find it nearly impossible."

The president "understands":

Quote:Quote:

"I understand there is a broader context to Dr. Grundy's tweets and that, as a scholar, she has the right to pursue her research, formulate her views, and challenge the rest of us to think differently about race relations. But we also must recognize that words have power and the words in her Twitter feed were powerful in the way they stereotyped and condemned other people."

The new professor will begin her new contract July 1st.

Messages In This Thread