rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Preppers Club

RVF Preppers Club

This thread has so much information! I love it.

TrollKing mentioned gardening:

I've grown sprouts before with glass containers and it's super easy. Your produce grows in 4-5 days and space is minimal. I highly recommend it.

Some people have mentioned communications and this is just off the top of my head but I reckon it wouldn't hurt to know how to operate battery operated devices like ham radios. General idea is you don't want to be cut off from others especially if you have a dire situation like an injury.

Another skill nobody mentioned is engineering. OnPoint Tactical offers grid down engineering classes. From their site:

"This class is Mad Max meets Mad Scientist. It is a class on primitive engineering and re-purposing. It is designed to take items that are useful now but that will be useless in a grid down scenario, and make them into useful inventions. We will cover:, turning that old parabolic satellite dish into a solar water purifier, making a solar oven, a rocket stove, a solar tent heater. And that is just the solar portion. We will also cover basic mechanics, keeping a small engine running, old mechanical devises that do not require power. We may even make that bamboo bicycle that Gilligan used to power the Professor’s inventions. We will cover making a still and making fuel using a still then adapting engines to run on alcohol. We will cover a wood gasifier, and many many more inventions for when the grid goes down. We will also spend some time on booby trap principles and how to trap like an engineer. This will be a fun and creative workshop with lots of interaction and experimentation."

https://onpointtactical.com/services/scout-engineering/

Fuck! Now that I think about it I bumped into a pro-Trump engineer last night and I should have asked him about grid down engineering. Next time!

OnPoint also does emergency medical care which I will be attending next year. I only speak for myself but I have no plans on building a lead bunker but am gathering up the skills to move to a safer state than the one I'm currently at right now. Other upside would be I'd keep more of my money as well as make more money on top of that. If things really get bad post Trump I would have neighbors (from what I'm reading this is CRITICAL as nobody is a one man island if SHTF) that I can team up with and I'll obviously have practical services I can provide them with:

Culinary
First Aid
Engineering
Basic gun handling and street fighting

6 more years boys!

Quote: (09-21-2018 09:31 AM)kosko Wrote:  
For the folks who stay ignorant and hating and not improving their situation during these Trump years, it will be bleak and cold once the good times stop.

Messages In This Thread