rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Preppers Club

RVF Preppers Club

Quote: (06-01-2015 03:51 PM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

^ look at the gas shortages in the 70's.

If you imagine a politically based disruption of oil flow coming from major superpowers (like russia, china, the EU and USA all vying for control over oil fields or something), and throw in a cuban missle crisis event, you've got fear, lack of fuel, and global panic in one conceivable basket.

That's a hypothetical, but it's not unfathomable. If we see looting and civil unrest, think furguson on a wider scale, we've got a reason to have beans, bullets, and band-aids in the cellar.

Anyone here from the 70s that wants to share their experiences? I know during this time we had high inflation, and in some places, there were food shortages. Unfortunately, I wasn't alive and by the time I was aware of what was happening around me was the beginning of the booming 90s.

I'm kind of weird here in that I loved listening to my grandparents talk about the Great Depression because it took them by surprise and it was a shocking event. What's odd is how many young people couldn't careless what older people think, even though some of these older people have survived some pretty hard times. One thing I learned when speaking to an older gentleman (who survived the Great Depression) was always force yourself to sacrifice. He said that if you get in the habit of forcing sacrifice, when you have to do it, it's easy. He also said that sacrifice was the only thing he ever did consistently that he didn't regret.

You can learn a ton from people who've lived a long time.

Messages In This Thread