rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amy Schumer thread

Amy Schumer thread

Quote: (05-09-2015 06:09 PM)spook Wrote:  

Quote: (05-09-2015 01:31 PM)kmhour Wrote:  

[Image: 2878060C00000578-0-image-a-44_1431105201635.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mjb48kdQZV1rcb9i5.gif]

Guess I'm staying on, because there's no way that shit's getting me off.

Funny.

But this attitude is lethal. Excess weight will create a domino effect of health problems, especially in women. Men have more muscle mass and can handle weight better.

To get an idea of how stressed Schumer's body is, find a woman her height but 30 pounds lighter, and make that woman carry around 30 pounds in a backpack all day. See how she feels.

Then make her carry the weight around for a month. She'll end up with back problems, aching knees, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, and a host of other issues. As the years tick by, these stresses become full-blown illnesses like diabetes, herniated discs, blown knees, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.

And unlike in men, they don't usually work themselves out after some weightlifting or treadmill. Doctors -- and everyone else -- ignore the obvious because they try to be politically correct. But "the obvious" is that men have beards (to protect them from the elements), muscle mass, and thicker skulls. We evolved to take blows and weather difficult conditions.

Women's bodies are not like this. The stereotype of the delicate girl evolved for a reason. For example, parents of girls who play soccer are learning this when their daughters get injured at a far greater rate. (In 2008, the New York Times referred to this phenomenon as "the uneven playing field." Sorry if nature is sexist, guys.)

"Why is he telling us all this?

Because for women, this lack of body maintenance is trouble waiting to happen and if you end up with a woman like this, it will be your trouble too.

Schumer's attitude is bleeding out into the mainstream and effects everyone -- and that includes men.

I should know. It happened to my ex. I'm writing this now on May 10, 2015. Ten years ago today, at 7:30 p.m., my ex-wife got a sharp pain in her back. It didn't go away. It started a chain of problems that went on for a half decade and consumed our lives and ultimately ended our marriage and lost us our house.

She always got back problems when she put on weight. But this time age had caught up with her and it spiraled out of control (her job stresses -- all self-created, by the way -- were the cause of her weight gain). You can live like Schumer when you're 30, but it'll catch up with you. All this is probably my fault for not riding my ex more about diet and exercise, but is this a position you want to be in?

Schumer might have "no plans of changing." But I can guarantee you her "plans" will soon include a host of visits to primary care physicians and perhaps surgeons and "pain management" docs.

In our personal lives, we all know those scary, broken older women whose lives are a mess of aches, pains, meds, doctors, pill addictions, "fibromyalgia" and depression. Well, congratulations. You've just met their younger selves in Amy Schumer.

Her attitude will benefit a lot of people in the medical field who are getting very rich off "body acceptance." They'll be very happy to accept her both body and her money.

Messages In This Thread