rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the Minimum Looks Threshold Higher than Ever Before?

Is the Minimum Looks Threshold Higher than Ever Before?

In order to bang a woman you must satisfy her minimum looks threshold.

In Second and Third World countries, men can use money and status to compensate for looks. Since these women are poorer and dependent on men for resources, the minimum looks threshold is quite low.

In the Anglosphere, young women earn more than men and have a social safety net. Consequently, women are increasingly selecting men less on their resource provisioning abilities and more on the basis of their looks. And technology has compounded this trend.

I first started online dating in 2009. Back then, I'd get numbers and dates with young girls using cornball pickup lines, and you could get girls to engage you with witty messages. Pics weren't a dealbreaker. Girls I number-closed from POF would text me constantly and blow up my phone even before meeting them. Second and third dates were easy to get. There was far less flaking and fading.

Today, the advice given to men for online dating is vastly different. Less emphasis on message content, more emphasis on pictures. Pics are everything. If she doesn't like your pictures, she won't write you back.

How did things change so quickly?

1. In 2009, most girls didn't have smartphones. In 2015 every girl does.

2. In 2009, there were fewer good looking guys doing online dating due to stigma. Now a lot of good looking guys are online .

3. In 2009, the "numbers game" trope wasn't pervasive. In 2015, more guys today are spamming and playing the numbers game.

4. In 2009, social media was still in its infancy. Facebook was just opened to the masses and Instagram didn't exist. In 2015, girls have become more looks-driven due to the explosion of visual social media like Facebook and Instagram.

5. In 2009, there was no Tinder and no dating apps giving girls instant access to high-caliber guys they never had access to before in their pockets.

As a result of this evolution, the minimum looks threshold required for men to "game" women has gone way up in the last 5 years. If you don't make the cut in terms of looks, you're not getting it in. And the looks bar has been raised higher than ever.

Not only is this true online, it has also translated to all cold approach situations - bars, clubs, and during the day. The only way to transcend this high looks threshold bar is to build familiarity through work, school, mutual friends and social circle.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread