rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

Yes, please stop clowning around in this thread and go start your datasheet if you can't resist marrying this one topic. That video was from some months ago. I just said a couple posts ago that I just got serious about working in the past few weeks.

But to address your "info-drop," I'm completely upfront about myself and my situation, and I'm well aware people here see my videos. Obviously I have nothing to hide if I make such blatant public confessions (not exactly the sneakiest "guru" move), and if you can't make that conneciton on your own, the only guy blind here is you.

Do you have some other "top secret info" you'd like to divulge? Because there isn't a weakness I haven't confessed to this forum and the world with my face behind it yet, Buddy.

All of that is beside the point. There's an entire internet out there with countless marketing channels and you're in here pretending it's not possible to make a steady living without going offline. Give me a break.

We all know there is great potential in the offline world, and while most of us are location independent, we're welcoming your input and advice. But the fact is I matched your rates in a couple weeks of marketing, and here you are pointing at a video from months ago and saying "I told you there's no money doing this online" and acting like you're on some campaign to "call people out."

Call me a slacker and an unproductive loser (actually, probably not a good idea), but if you can't see the potential of a guy like me matching your weekly earnings coming from how I was conducting myself before with just a bit of hustling, you're obviously not ready to be intelligent about information outside your sphere. The problem is clearly not the market - the problem is (was) my work ethic.

But I will repeat. Post value here if you want to contribute - you don't have to drag down what other people are doing to be heard.

I also said time and time again that guys should not start on Elance if they're desparate. In fact, what do you know, here's a screenshot from my very first monster post in that thread.

[Image: attachment.jpg26222]   

Which is why I got tired of hearing this line of conversation in the other thread and started a new one, which, if you're read the OP again, was calling first for an exploration of other marketing channels.

You're the one hung up on bidding sites, not me. I'm more than happy to move on to something else.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread