rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

Yep, there is definitely a TON OF potential on the WF.

I've renewed my efforts over there and just picked up my latest client from the new campaign (which didn't get much love). I've done jobs off and on there for years.

I think I would do much better if I started with a freebie or somethign really cheap, but I'm too stubborn. Might just cave and give it a go to build more WF testimony and ramp it up. I like the sound of autopilot. [Image: wink.gif]

Actually, the guy who has done better than anyone else here (he's a more silent member - he puts his head down and works) since we started with the elance thread was the guy who took my advice to start copywriting at the WF and ran with it. He's moved on to bigger and better things but that was his catalyst.

And the client that gives me the most steady work (met him on Elance) got his start there too, so what does that tell you?

One caveat, I will say, though, Vincent, is that I saw your prices on your article thread (they were very similar to the ones I charged at WF), and they were nowhere near what clients have paid me on Elance. It's possible you just didn't move yourself into the higher markets, though. I know there are WF guys getting paid hundreds per article, mostly behind the scenes.

But yea, you can't go wrong with advertising that keeps bringing it in. Think I'll bump later this week. Once you get the ball rolling without you, it's probably very well worth it because you cut out a lot of the haggling process and save time.

What do you recommend as a starting price for sales pages over there to build testimony? And would you limit that price to buyers with a certain number of posts and clout?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread