rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

262's Poland Relocation Journal
62's Poland Relocation Journal
Quote: (07-06-2015 07:10 AM)262 Wrote:  

Got international travel and health insurance with WorldNomads early this afternoon, after spending the morning researching and looking. As far as I understand, all long-term expats should get international travel and health insurance.

I went with WorldNomads instead of International SOS, Medex, or anything from insuremytrip.com because:

1) WorldNomads is a well-regarded brand (at the least, folks like Lonely Planet and Nomadic Matt are willing to advertise for them),
2) International SOS was more expensive and seems to be geared more towards serving companies and their expats, and
3) WorldNomads allowed me to buy even though I'm already abroad. International SOS says you must buy in advance, and while I might've been able to trick their website, I'm sure as an insurance company, they'd find a way to make that work against me in the event of a claim.

Cost was $1050 for 12 months.

Sounds like a reasonable deal - I've never used them as they are always more expensive, and I get some euro health cover anyway. You get way you pay for I guess...skimping on insurance/health cover in a country with pretty poor general health services is never a good idea.

One thing to keep in mind is, that with most policy's you have to pay with your own money and claim it back minus excess, so you'll need to keep a bit of money in the bank just in case.

Any updates on how your settling in to your new home?

Messages In This Thread