rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tesla Power Wall - Game changer?

Tesla Power Wall - Game changer?

Quote: (04-04-2016 10:29 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

- I suspect Tesla will be the tech leaders in this field to such an extent that the companies you mention find it more profitable to cut a deal with Tesla for their technology than to try to compete. I'd bet my house (which I don't own) that Tesla capture market share for all the stuff that matters in the electric car market.

Except Tesla didn't develop their primary technology - the batteries. All of the stuff they developed on their own, the interior and car hardware, breaks repeatedly. He even jokes in the demo that the doors worked this time. People who own Teslas report the doors breaking, squeaks, leaks, air conditioning problems, etc, so often that Consumer Reports gave it below average ratings for reliability. And it's getting worse, not better. The new cars rolling off the line in 2015 had more problems than the 2014 model.

I like the idea of a battery powered car...sort of. Hell, I contacted a company wanting to invest in their personal electric aircraft! But Tesla needs to get their manufacturing house in order before I'm buying one, especially considering how much they brag about it being simpler than traditional cars. If that's true - and it is - then everything else should be flawless.

Messages In This Thread