rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

Quote: (10-21-2015 12:53 PM)tynamite Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2015 05:58 PM)andy Wrote:  

I'm looking at Doba right now, are there any more reputable sources?

I tried Doba. It's a scam. You pay a monthly subscription to dropship their products, and prices they give for their products are more expensive than what they're selling on ebay for. Unless you're selling products more expensive than ebay costs on your own website, what's the point?

You should never sell anything on Amazon for three reasons.

1. Amazon doesn't let you remove an item once they're selling it, so if you want to setup your own store so you can sell the item exclusively yourself, Amazon will steal your customers so you don't get the email addresses of your potential customers.
  2. Amazon doesn't let you remove and Amazon Store, so when people type the name of your store into Google, your "store" on the Amazon website will appear first even if you've removed all the products from your store.
  3. When you sell items on an Amazon Store and get traction, Amazon will find out what you're selling, and sell the exact same item you're selling at a cheaper price undercutting you due to their buying power. Then you can't sell the product any more.

Amazon is notorious for either suspending people or banning them from a category if you outsell Amazon on a product they themselves sell. Essentially success equals failure on AMazon if they sell in your niche.

Whether Amazon or eBay its a huge audience and they drive tons of traffic but you have to putup with their rules, scammers, stupid buyers and other headaches. Everyone has to decide if its worth it for them.

Reason I hate drop shipping is not only thin margins but your making such thing margins that the occasional/regular lost package r scammer winds up wiping out like 20 sales of profit where as sourcing your own stuff on some of my products I can make 14x my money so as long as 14 buyers in a row don't screw me I'm still in the green.

I just recently got suspended from Amazon with them holding tens of thousands of dollars of my money for almost 4 months, with the logic being it protected them against A-Z claims which only last 90 days aka 3 months so basically they are holding my mney for 30+ days extra just for the heck of it.

Finally bombarded bezos and executive offices with so many letters they opened my account back up and are releasing my money a little ahead of schedule.

Messages In This Thread