rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

Quote: (05-03-2015 10:04 AM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2015 07:15 PM)Mikan Wrote:  

Concerning Amazon, I wouldn't advise creating a seller account unless you have a good amount of inventory/sales. Amazon has fairly strict seller rules and sides with the buyer most of the time. You will have to absorb losses and concede on buyer disputes to keep your account. For someone with very low sales volume, if one of these losses occurs early in your tenure you can wind up losing money during your entire relationship with Amazon.

I just made the jump onto amazon within hte past year, have been on ebay for quite some time. I love amazon as a buyer, not so much as a seller. Ebay and Paypals buyer protection program has saved me lots of money. Long story short if you can show tracking and a sig if necessary you don't eat a loss ebay and paypal cover it.

Ebay also tells you clearly over $250 get a sig and you in the clear. Amazon gives you directoin at what dollar amount to get a sig, if delivery confirmation or tracking proves delivery, etc. Basically someone on amazon who wants to get their money back for no reason can and will if they press the issue.

I also don't really like amazons scoring system, its just awkward. People will send a message or better yet statement which does not necessitate a response and unless you type back just to say "k" or something like that your docked points for not responding in 24 hours. It makes a very awkward back and force forcing you to respond to stuff that doesn't necessitate it.

Overall I prefer ebay, I know people whine about ebay policies and ebay favoring buyers but having done both I'll take ebay over amazon anyday. I also love that ebay allows you to charge I believe up to a 20% restocking fee and accept returns. If someone wants to buy something and return for no reason at least htey are going to pay for it and you get product back to resell.

All you have to do in regards to the Amazon messages is simply click the "doesn't require a response box". I also sell on Amazon and Ebay, and started only a few months ago. Since then, done about 15k in sales, with a few hundred in profit. It takes a while to scale up in ebay, due to the fact that you have to wait to have your limits raised. You can call in, but I recommend being polite and helpful, and it was very easy to get my limits raised. Amazon is interesting, as you can list tons of products and just hope for volume to do the work for you.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread