rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

Dropshipping and starting an ecommerce site

I would try your hand at ecommerce via ebay and amazon first. Don't bother with your own site until you've proven yourself on there. Your goal is going to be to make a name for yourself as well as try to drive your regular ebay and amazon buyers off of those sites and buying direct from you to cutout the fees.

I'd challenge you if you don't have experience in ecommerce or blogging to start a blog and spend a month trying to see how much traffic you drive. After getting like 50 visitors your first month you're going to realize how difficult it is to drive traffic let alone get someone to take action and make a purchase.

I started my business on eBay, saw a demand and started a site. It was a shitty site a free blogspot blog with Paypal buttons and surprisingly people still bought. At that point I realized it was worth investing in a proper website.

One piece of advice I would give you starting out is take ebay and amazon seriously. If you fuckup and lose your account your banned for life and will be doing all this stealth account bullshit thats a headache and never gives you any security, even less security than even a safe ebay or amazon account where the rug can still be pulled out from under you for no reason.

I fucked up early on before I got serious and lost my ebay account would love to have it back but once your banned your banned no comming back so you gotta do stealth accounts or use someone else's name or try to start an llc, etc.

I'd start out selling some stuff around your house. If that works out and you like it try retail arbitrage basically buying stuff on sale at walmart or wherever and reselling if. If you have luck there then look into buying from alibaba or private labeling or whatever else.

I'd be careful of drop shipping. Ebay is doing a big purge right now asking for invoices from suppliers, if you dropship you don't have invoices and will probably get a ban unless you are good with photoshop and they don't call to verify.

I did about 2.3 million in sales last year through ebay, amazon and my site, this year on track to do about 2.5. Once you start doing numbers they will slap a rolling reserve on you. Basically anywhere from 5% to 30% of your money will be held for 90 days so unless your making killer margins you better have cash to sustain that. At one point I had over 100k tied up with paypal. I've managed to get mine lowered but they still got anywhere from 15k to 30k at any given time.

I'm finally going to try to make real money and get into importing and private labeling.

Messages In This Thread