rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Joe Rogan thread

The Joe Rogan thread

Quote: (09-17-2017 10:08 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

I take with a grain of salt since he follows over 3,600 different pages but its cool to know he actively took the time to dig up Roosh or someone close to his ear referred him. I am down for a campaign to get Roosh on the JRE. That would be a great podcast to say the least.

Don't want to go all pessimistic, but what would be the point?

Joe Rogan is a fifty year old guy with a family. Scratch that, he's a fifty year old cuck, quite literally; he raises his wife's child along with his own two kids.

His market is to provide some non-confrontational catharsis for the man who has 2.5 kids, at least one prior wife still hanging on the tit, and that still thinks with about six months off from the wife and kids he could go and compete in a MMA competition.

Who exactly is Rogan's demographic?

- Its favourite TV shows are Family Guy and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
- One of its favourite movies is Fight Club, or as I call it, The Matrix except with no robots.
- It listens to Pantera, Sublime, Metallica, Johnny Cash, and Pink Floyd. When you look at the hip-hop his demographic listens to, it's Eminem and Wu-Tang Clan, with, fuck me, Lil' Wayne and Snoop Dogg coming in at third and fourth.

You know: white guys whose chosen music and TV viewing is Commercially Acceptable Edgelord, guys who are heavily slaved to the consumer wheel and who identify with Family Guy because the guy's life actually looks a lot like their own without Pete's collared shirt and nice house. Increasingly, that demographic is getting older. It has its own daughters now. It'll have a mortgage as well.

Insofar as you can carry the metaphor of red pill and blue pill from The Matrix, this demographic is a lot like Cypher: they might've taken the red pill, but they don't much like the reality that is thereby revealed, they still can't get with the women they want to, they like the illusion of a good meal more than the shit reality they live in, and they still want to be someone important but have no fucking clue how to get there. (They'd also sell out the clean-cut guy new to the red pill in a heartbeat if there was a chance they could improve their lives as a result, but that's by the by).

So they listen to Joe Rogan, who's willing to spout conspiracy theory along with a dose of pointless MMA commentary, and they think they know what's really going on in the world. Leave aside that because they never had much of an education, they think Rogan's tendency to dodge having to justify his arguments by saying "Hey, I'm just asking the questions" is some sort of fucking Socratic method shit.

The upshot being: if Joe Rogan started going full red pill, this audience would switch off. Joe Rogan brings notable people on to increase his audience, not the celebrity's, and like any MSM outlet he's not averse to flogging someone live so his audience gets some kicks out of it.

Rogan is 60 Minutes for the demographic that doesn't trust 60 Minutes. With all the shallowness of reporting, gladiatorial approach to journalism, and intellectually dishonest arguments that implies. Just because he swears, lifts, punches other men, and wants weed legalised doesn't change that.

If Roosh went on the program I guarantee you three hours of bullshit arguments like "But they're not all like that, man" and "If you're so concerned about Western civilisation why aren't you living in the US/marrying a wife/buying plastic US shit/fighting other men in a ring" and on and on. Rogan's an intellectual lightweight, which is by design because he's appealing to the Midwest and Southern narcissists, not the coastal elite narcissists.

Rogan's a sort of anti-intellectual mirror version of Bill Nye. More so given they both got their starts as stand-up comedians, i.e. entertainers, i.e.e. liberals by default.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread