rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Same sex marriage referendum in Ireland

Same sex marriage referendum in Ireland

What I'm seeing, almost across the board, is that anyone who knows anyone gay/lesbian/trans at all, is going to vote 'Yes'.
And even if you haven't, well you've seen it in Coronation St. or Glee or some other shit, so therefore it must be normal.
Shame we have no Milo Yiannopoulus(or anyone even vaguely trendy or 'cool' or rebellious) here in Ireland on the 'No' side, who could appeal to younger people.
Their religion is the short attention span, quick fix culture we have now in the West.
They could give a fuck who marries who, they don't get it, and they also don't care that they don't get it as they're too busy watching 'Gogglebox' or some other shit.
Don't get me wrong, these are often good people, everyday people, probably a lot of them honourable people too and in a way, who am I to be criticising them.
But they're happy to just roll along with the mainstream narrative, and when you're not one of those people, it can be frustrating to see how many people just accept this for their lives.
They're perfectly happy to be told what to think.
It's that lazy, surface level, spoonfed, easy to digest, feelgood, SJW 'Equality überall' message that is so prevalent among urbanites and is ingrained in almost all media directed at the 15-45 demographic.
90% of people lap it up.
"Equality & Diversity for anyone and everyone and everything" is their mantra and anyone who doesn't jive with this, well "What's your problem man? Why don't you let people just be happy?"

Right, I'm done. Unless I see something I really have to comment on, I'll leave it at that.
Anyone in Ireland who's reading this, I'm not going to tell you how to vote, but a read of this thread will hopefully enlighten you and give you some direction.

Messages In This Thread