rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First Indian to make it to the NBA

First Indian to make it to the NBA

Quote: (04-07-2015 09:20 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2015 09:05 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2015 08:49 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2015 07:50 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2015 05:10 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Punjab is a wide open plain so plenty of foreigners have come through over the years. Greeks, Persians, Arabs, Mongols, Afghans, Central Asians, British have all been in the area over the years. A lot of the men ended up joining the military.

There's also been a lot of mixing. I got my DNA data from 23andMe and had it analyzed by GEDMatch. Apparently I'm only around 40% Indian.

Is this something you're proud of?

No, I'm just stating facts. I mentioned it to show how much mixing there's been over the years.

What is 'Indian' according to the test you did? And what is the 60% of you that's 'not Indian'?

Indian as in the races from the Indian subcontinent, the rest was Middle Eastern, central Asian, western China and a tiny bit of European.

Eh, but that still doesn't answer what is Indian, what is "from the Indian subcontinent". Because everybody who's there used to not be there and from somewhere else. First the Austroasiatics, then the Dravidians, then the Aryans, then other tribes, then the Muslims, etc.

If some Central Asian Shakas (Scythians) settled in the Ganges Basin in 800 BC and assimilated into Vedic society then are they "foreign", looking back from now? It is a matter of delineation.

Messages In This Thread